Who doesnâ€™t like great iPhoneÂ apps? At iPhone Insight we definitely do. With that in mind, we offer up a quick review of an excellent iPhoneÂ appÂ published here each week.Â Check out all out picks below and youâ€™ll soon have a collection of stellar apps for your favorite phone.
This weekâ€™s pick isÂ Runtastic Results: Strength & Fitness Workout, byÂ Runtastic. Â Perhaps on the surface it might seem like a copout to select an exercise app for the App of the week, being that it is the first week in a brand new year. Â However, being that losing weight and getting in shape is one of the most reported New Year’s resolutions, I actually think that it’s the perfect choice. Â Although many of us try to use a new year to get back on track with a variety of causes in our lives, many just don’t know where to start when it comes to exercise.
From experience, let me say that Runtastic is fantastic! Â I chose to download the 12-Week Training Plan which was $9.99/month. Â This plan was a personalized, dynamic workout designed for bodyweight training that took 15-30 minutes a day. Â There was no need for any equipment, and the exercises could be performed anywhere.
IncludedÂ with this plan is a health and nutrition guide that complimented my workouts and helped maximize weight loss and overall body fat loss and muscle gain. Â There are over 120 bodyweight exercises and demonstrative videos showing just how to perform the exercises properly. Â Also included are stand-alone workouts and are training plans to fit your personal goals. Â At the end of each week fitness reports are emailed to me to show my progress and illustrate improvements made over previous weeks.
With RuntasticÂ you have a variety of feature settings that you can tweak to your liking. Â Here are some of the more useful ones…
- Your customized plan: 12-week bodyweight training plan based on your personal fitness level.
- Â Bodyweight workouts only: No equipment needed – you only need yourself.
- Health & Nutrition Guide: Weekly healthy nutrition and lifestyle tips to maximize your results.
- Progress Pics: Keep track of your transformation by taking Progress Pics right in your app. Keep them for yourself or motivate others by sharing them on social media. We love to see them!
- Step-by-step instructional videos: 180+ HD videos that demonstrate proper and safe execution of each exercise.
- Standalone Workouts: Bonus workouts you can do whenever you want! Why? Just because we love you.
- The Runtastic Community: Join millions of like-minded people looking to stay active and keep in shape.
- Apple Health: Upload activity data like duration and burned calories to Apple Health
- Get some friendly motivational quotes and tips periodically throughout your transformation
- Never boring! Wide exercise variety keep your training plan fresh and challenging
- Results guaranteed!rns, hurricanes and tropical storms.
Hereâ€™s anÂ App Store linkÂ for Runtastic. Compatible with iOS 9.0 or later, Runtastic ResultsÂ for iOS is an universal app that works with iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Apple Watch. There is a lot going on with this app, and as a result, there are monthly and yearly fee options. Â At first, I was hesitant to commit to a in-app purchase of this amount as it was larger than any other app I have previously purchased. Â However, in the end I chose the $9.99/month plan. Â There are a wide variety of resources available in Runtastic, and if I wanted to seriously commit to an exercise plan that was tailored to me, I decided the monthly monetary fee might help keep me on track.
If youâ€™re interested in more great iPhoneÂ apps, check out ourÂ Best iPhone Apps section!