Who doesnâ€™t like great iPhoneÂ apps? At iPhone Insight we definitely do. With that in mind, we offer up a quick review of an excellent iPhoneÂ appÂ published here each week.Â Check out all out picks below and youâ€™ll soon have a collection of stellar apps for your favorite phone.
This weekâ€™s pick isÂ Living Earth – Clock & Weather, byÂ Radiantlabs, LLCÂ Living Earth is aÂ completely new perspective on time and weather. Living Earth presents a stunning live 3D simulation of our planet with weather, forecasts and world clock for cities all around the world. In addition to your location, you canÂ view the Earth from any perspective using a variety of differentÂ real time weather maps of current and forecasted conditions.
In addition to be an uniquely awesome weather app, Living Earth is also a basic alarm clock, that allows you to set up to 5 alarms at a time. Â I still have to remind myself of this feature often, as I have grown accustomed to using the standard iPhone clock, and the thought if using my weather app as my alarm hasn’t clicked with me yet. Â The app itself is very beautiful to use, and has a clock that is visible, even in portrait mode. Â However, without an option to make the clock larger while I slept will most likely keep me from using the alarm feature.
With Living Earth you have a variety of feature settings that you can tweak to your liking. Â Here are some of the more useful ones…
- Live weather maps of temperature, humidity, wind and forecasts.
- World clock and weather for over 3 million cities. 10 day and 2-hour forecasts powered by Weather Underground.
- Tropical cyclone notifications. Receive push notifications of new tropical cyclones and updates on current storm systems.
- Today Widget provides quick access to weather essentials, sunrise/sunset times, world clock and active tropical cyclones.
- Live clouds from near real time satellite cloud data – updated every 3 hours. View global cloud patterns, hurricanes and tropical storms.
- Home Screen temperature icon. The current temperature for your location can be displayed on your Home Screen icon.
- Stars, constellations, and the Milky Way are displayed accurately in time and space.
- Alarm Clock with music playlist. Wake up to a stunning view of the planet with your favorite music.
- iCloud city syncing between all devices including Living Earth App for Mac.
Hereâ€™s anÂ App Store linkÂ for Living Earth. Compatible with iOS 9.3 or later, Living EarthÂ for iOS is an universal app that works with iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Apple Watch. I was fortunate enough to get this app forÂ free during a promotion they were running some time ago, but it is currently $3.99. Â There doesn’t appear to be any in-app purchase options, so you won’t have to put up with ads for the duration of your use.
If youâ€™re interested in more great iPhoneÂ apps, check out ourÂ Best iPhone Apps section!